Making the world a clearer place.
Awesome collection of learning resources, articles, tools, and more for technical writing and documentation project.
Courses and learning resources#
- Technical writing courses for engineers by Google.
Articles, Blog Posts, Tips#
- What nobody tells you about documentation - However hard you work on documentation, it won’t work for your software - unless you do it the right way.
There is a secret that needs to be understood in order to write good software documentation: there isn’t one thing called documentation, there are four. ~ Daniele Procida
- Documentation with examples are more readable than the dry spec.
- A beginner’s guide to writing code documentation
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Documentation! - This Guide exists to provide advices and a best-practice handbook about creating documentation.
- 5 Steps to Create Technical Documentation That’s (Actually) Helpful by Jory MacKay.
- 10 Tips for Structuring your Product Documentation by Zaid Daba’een.
- How to Write Good Documentation (And Its Essential Elements) by Soham Kamani.
- This guide will help you to prepare your code for publishing through writing a good documentation.
- GitLab Documentation guidelines
- Tract: A Hugo theme for ambitious documentation projects
- Docusaurus: Easy to maintain open source documentation websites. by Facebook Open Source.
- docz - It’s never been easier to document your things! Powered by Gatsby.
- The Documentation Compendium - Various README templates & tips on writing high-quality documentation that people want to read.
- Zero-Config Documentation Websites for Python
- Sphinx: Python documentation generator
- Read the Docs - Create, host, and browse documentation.
- GitBook: Document Everything! - Share knowledge, boost your team’s productivity and make your users happy.
- Create book from markdown files - Like Gitbook but implemented in Rust.
- Vue-powered Static Site Generator
- OpenAPI/Swagger-generated API Reference Documentation
- Just the Docs: A modern, high customizable, responsive Jekyll theme for documention with built-in search - Focus on writing good documentation. It gives your documentation a jumpstart with a responsive Jekyll theme that is easily customizable and hosted on GitHub Pages.
- Document everything movement - A list of knowledge repositories.